Certified Academic Language Therapists (CALT)
Dyslexia On Demand’s dyslexia therapy program uses Certified Academic Language Therapists.
- Qualified to implement therapeutic grade, Orton-Gillingham-based, dyslexia intervention programs of take Flight and Basic Language Skills (BLS).
- Provide diagnostic, explicit, systematic Multisensory Structured Language.
- Builds a high degree of accuracy, knowledge, and independence for students with written language disorders, including dyslexia.
Find a Dyslexia Therapist For Your Child
Take Flight & BLS Therapy
Take Flight dyslexia therapy:
- Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia
- Two-year curriculum written by the staff of the Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (TSRHC).
- Builds on the success of the three previous dyslexia therapy programs developed by the staff of TSRHC: Alphabetic Phonics, the Dyslexia Training Program, and TSRH Literacy Program.
- Designed for use by Certified Academic Language Therapists for children with dyslexia ages seven and older.
- Developed to enable students with dyslexia to achieve and maintain better word recognition, reading fluency, and reading comprehension, and aid in the transition from a therapy setting to “real world” learning.
Basic Language Skills Therapy (BLS):
- Developed by the Neuhaus Education Center
- Explicit, systematic, intensive literacy instruction for students with dyslexia or related language learning differences.
- Literacy instructional framework that is systematic, sequential, intensive, and comprehensive.
- Provides instruction in phonemic awareness, letter recognition, decoding, spelling, fluency, comprehension, handwriting, vocabulary, and oral-written expression.
- Designed to be taught by a Certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT).
- Research-based curriculum sharing the same philosophies and characteristics as other Orton-Gillingham-based curricula.
- Dyslexia on Demand only offers dyslexia therapy. Dyslexia on Demand exclusively offers one-on-one or group therapy opportunities for students with a Certified Academic Language Therpist (CALT) four times a week.
- This therapist will personally guide your child through a multisensory program of explicit, systematic instruction for both reading and spelling. The Orton-Gillingham dyslexia therapy program the therapist will lead you through is either Take Flight or BLS.
- Dyslexia on Demand exclusively provides the highest level of trained dyslexia professionals, Certified Academic Language Therapists. Students will work solely with ONE therapist unless an unforeseen circumstance arises.
Get In Touch
Is your child in need of dyslexia tutoring to alleviate learning struggles? Let us educate you on the difference between tutoring and therapy.
Hours: M-F: 8am – 5pm CST
If you are a certified academic language therapist in search of a work schedule that fits around your busy life, consider teaming up with dyslexia on demand.